Monday, December 8, 2014

The Netherlands and Belgium have become very holy places for me, because this is where I really came to know my Savior.

Brugge Belgium about 1 year ago
Well guys, this is it!!  I don't have a whole lot to say.  This week was a great last week.  We had some great lessons with investigators and members.  We went to the Corrie Ten Boom House this week as well.  That's where the story, "The Hiding Place" happened.  It was a really good tour.  We had an investiagator come to church yesterday.  We knocked on his door the first week of the transfer.  He has made a lot of progress since we knocked on his door.  He LOVED church and told us he wanted to come more often.  I have see the Gospel change a lot of lives this transfer.  Not only this transfer but these past two years.  I have also seen the Gospel change my life these past two years.  It changed my life in a sense that it set my life in order.  Not that I was totally lost before my mission, but now I have direction.  I know what I need to do when I go home, and that brings a lot of peace during this important time of my life.

I guess I would just like to share with you the biggest lesson I learned these past two years.  It's actually pretty simple, but it means a lot to me.

I learned who God is, who His Son, Jesus Christ, is, who I am, and who I need to become. 

I know that God really is our loving Heavenly Father.  That's the first sentance in the first lesson that we share with people.  I believe that's because it's the most important principle to know, and I know it.  I know that He loves us so much that He sent His only begotten Son to undergo every pain and affliction and die for us, so that we may live.  I know that Christ loves us so much that He was willing to obey His Father and do it for us.  I love my Savior.  And The Netherlands and Belgium have become very holy places for me, because this is where I really came to know my Savior.

I love my mission so much, and even though I am excited to see you guys again and go home to start the next chapter of my life, I am gonna miss this a lot.  This is the greatest work ever!  and I won't be able to do it like this again for the rest of my life.  I have a lot of mixed feelings right now, and I don't think it has really hit me yet.  But I am SO excited to see you guys and show you this beautiful part of the world!  You are gonna love it so much!

Well, I guess the last thing I can say is I will see you Thursday!!!

Ik hou van jullie allemaal!
Elder Bishop 

No comments:

Post a Comment